Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'll Eat My Shirt

I am not Landon Donovan's favorite person. In fact, I've been persona non grata with Landon and his Agent since I accused him of being a heartless pussy, the great American could-have-been. Hell, we even marketed an exclusive line of "LD10" T-shirts sporting a likeness of the receding one with a pacifier in his mouth and a logo that read "Major League Baby".

But how times change. For those of you that missed one of the weekend's only two Premiership fixtures, Landon's debut with Everton in a match at the Emirates against Arsenal was a real eye-opener.  Landon didn't just seem to cope. He seemed to belong. He handled the pace, physicality and cold weather of the Premiership like he had been there since the start of the season and gave David Moyes the attacking option and was instrumental in the scoreline.

No, Landon wasn't just good, he was very good. Maybe a few years of extra maturity and the day-to-day realities of marriage was enough to truly motivate him to show us what we have known all along he was capable of if he only cared enough to show it.

We'll see how things look at the end of the season but if it keeps on like this I'll gladly eat my LD10 shirt and do it here a T.R.A.W. for you all to see.

I hope you like my new blog. Don't forget to tell everyone you know!!!

 
By the way, please support my sponsors and the good people at Loan Modify Source. If you need your mortgage payment lowered and have no equity, a job loss or other hardship the people at Loan Modify Source can help. No upfront fees whatsoever. Tell 'em Nick sent you and get 10% off a modification.


3 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Geber, glad to see you back in the "game". Maybe Gunther will find this blog one of these days too! Looking forward to your comments...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did think of you while watching Donovan slip into the Everton side like he has been there all year, very impressive. Glad your back, why don't you start a new radio show on monday nights again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be going back on the air but I'm not sure exactly when!

    ReplyDelete